Thursday, June 13, 2013

Summer Fitness Challenge: Second Week + a mini rant


It's week two! This has been such a great adventure so far and we are still at the beginning!

I was hoping to get in two more miles today but it's raining. Hopefully I will be able too but we will see.
I am currently at 18.2 miles! That's right on track with what I need to be but I want to try and keep ahead. Trying to make up miles would be stressful!

My weight is down two pounds and I've lost half an inch on my waist! The best part is I'm not sore which makes it a lot easier to get out there and get my miles in!

..................................................................RANT...............................................................

So I know that individually these people don't realize they are adding to a very annoying problem, but they are and it's frustrating.

Every time I go out for a run, complete strangers seem to think it's ok to provide a commentary on how they think I'm doing:

"You need to go faster to make their windmills move!"

"Not too fast now!"

"It's easier to run on the road!"

And a note to drivers turning left: If you have a "Left turn yields..." sign and I have the light up walking man telling me its ok to cross: YOU DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT OF WAY! I do, so don't give me the finger when you almost hit me, because you were completely at fault.

Rant over :)

3 comments:

  1. Get it Girl!
    And forget other people! No idea why people feel the need to be critical about healthy changes and actions, because there is definitely not enough these days. There's that meme that says something like, you may be going slow, but you're going a lot faster than people on the couch. So much truth in that. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL people tell you to run faster, slower, on the road, etc.?! That is so weird but of course you just have to smile and nod and be on your way. :) As for the car! NOT COOL!!! Drivers today are such jerks. It seems no one remembers the laws anymore and the fact they have to STOP/YIELD when it says WALK for the pedestrian! Stay safe and keep an eye open for the crazies.

    I think I'm going to start running again but it's a little bit of a challenge here since there's about a half mile or so of road without a shoulder and people fly down it at around 40 or more MPH when it's a 35 but even still that can do damage and it's still petty scary without the extra space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, good for you! I just got back from my run, I'm not sure what I am going to do if it doesn't cool down in the evenings! So far I have been lucky, but I know those days are coming.

    ReplyDelete