Saturday, June 1, 2013

Summer Fitness Challenge Kick-Off: Day one




So if you read my post yesterday, you learned I was crazy enough to sign up for this challenge. I'm excited, don't get me wrong but it's pretty daunting! 120 miles in three months?? 13 full weeks and some odd days to do be almost exact! Roughly speaking I need to do a little more than 9 miles a week. AGAIN...daunting! But doable. We have a park that is almost exactly two miles from my house. I figure if I do that twice a week and then throw in a walk to a park that is a mile away then I will be set! I am doing this to be healthy and I will be measuring and weighing in each week. I want to lose 10 pounds. I know that doesn't seem like much but these last ten pounds just won't let go! Here is how I plan to reach my goal:

1. Count my calories (Using myfitness pal)
2. Drink 64+ ounces of water daily
3. Eat six small meals a day consisting of less sugar and more protien
4. Wear a heart monitor during cardio to keep me in my fat burning zone
5. Lift weights on the days in between cardio
6. Get 8 hours of sleep a night (If my children love me!)
(Day one!)


One of the things I am afraid of is all the stroller time these boys will be getting. They get bored on the long jog/walk to the park. But these pinwheels helped a BUNCH today!

                                       

2 comments:

  1. Wow Kayli, good for you! Stick to your plan! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got 1.12 miles in today. Too bad I can't count all the running up and down stairs at Alanna's recital. I might have made it to 4!

    ReplyDelete