Friday, March 21, 2014

I said it wouldn't happen...and then it did. I became a Whovian:

We don't have cable. But I love me some TV shows! So I am the person who has to avoid Facebook on Monday nights so I don't accidentally discover the Bachelor sent home the girl I wanted to win. During the Olympics, all my favorite series took a hiatus for a little bit and I was in need of something to watch while I folded laundry or got ready in the morning. 

Reluctantly I decided to give the Doctor, just the Doctor, a chance. Maybe I would understand why my friends can go days pinning Tardis jewelry and maybe I would finally understand what the heck and Odd Ood was. 

So I watched episode one... and it was like:


I was not hooked at all. But those darn OLYMPICS! There was nothing else, so I watched episode two...then three and before I knew it I was actually starting to like it...thinking:


But I didn't think it had really taken hold until:


And I was all like:


What!? Who the heck does flippin' Barty Crouch Jr. think he is?? He can't be the Doctor! This is outrageous!

 This was my first experience with the Doctor regeneration fan acceptance cycle:


I was so done. Except for those dang Olympics! So I kept watching... and kept watching... and now I am afraid I will be like this:


I know it's coming... But that's the Regeneration Fan Acceptance Cycle for you! 

So now I understand why y'all pin tons of Tardis closet makeover ideas. I'm thinking about doing it myself:


So until my husband lets that happen (a.k.a never):




No comments:

Post a Comment