Monday, January 6, 2014

Epic Cross Country Move part 1:

When I told people we were going to drive from the Pacific Northwest to Deep South Alabama with a 5 year old and a 2 year old, I got a lot of this:


And rightly so...
I honestly had no idea how this was going to go and more importantly if I was MOM enough for the challenge!

Quite frankly my kids are pretty good most of the time, but they are not without their moments.

Would this push their limits? 

I had nightmares of spending hours in the car like:



While my children are all...


But thankfully it has been (for the most part) not bad at all! They are handling it incredibly well. Again proof that when I decided to start having kids Heavenly Father said, "I will send her the easy ones..." 

Day one we set out and made our way south and crossed into California! I was sad that it was dark when we drove through the red woods but we still got to see some crazy trees! Of course I have seen pictures of just how large these things are but seeing it in person just blows your mind!

We also got to stop by and visit Clayton's grandparents who own an incredible vineyard! 

ATV rides around the property with the cousins!

Playing all day in an incredible tree house!

And held millipedes that pooped on them :)

The day after that I got to cross off an item of bucket list!

 

And we are starting to get exhausted:


(Yes that is Will's leg on Caden's face...)
We've been having a great time! It's been so much fun thus far. We've been stopping by Clayton's old stomping grounds and seeing all the places he grew up in. That has been a really cool experience to see where he comes from! 

I hope the next half goes just as smoothly as the first!


Thanks Morgan!

1 comment: