Saturday, January 11, 2014

Journey to Alabama Part 2:

(If you haven't read part one to this epic journey you can do so here!)

We left Monterrey and made our way to Arizona to visit with Clayton's parents! It were so excited to have another reprieve from sitting all day in the car. The boys got to run and play! And I love the desert there. It is a beautiful place!

The rest of the trip is a blur to be honest. We got sick following our trip to AZ. A nasty little cold that just stays in your nose and throat.


 GAHH!! We almost made it with no incidents or illness. The boys had been sleeping through the night too but of course being sick changed all of that. So while my amazing husband drove, I slept... as much as I could with two kids in the car :)

Today we made it to Alabama where we will be staying till we figure out where exactly we want to live! It is such a huge relief to be here. To know that I will be here for 18 months and Clayton will be here too...more or less! This adventure is going to be amazing and I can't wait to meet new people, try new food and new things!

Looking back I wish I had done somethings different:

1) Have the song "Route 66" on the iPod. When you are on I-40 you will pass a million Route 66 signs as well as go through a majority of the cities in the song. And every time you pass them by you will start singing it but only the little part you know and you can't get it out of your head because you don't know how the whole song goes!

2) Seriously, my boys did not need all the books and toys we brought to entertain them in the car. A DVD player and some movies was perfect. Parents of the year right here!

3) I would have packed a whole lot less... I'm serious. I should have only brought 3 pairs of yoga pants, a couple of t-shirts and a sweatshirt.

I'm sure I could come up with some more but now I'm going to rest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment