Saturday, February 21, 2015

Changing the Focus: Same Blog, New Title

Originally this was supposed to be a blog chronicling the crazy army life we live. But eventually, I simply ran out of things to talk about. And seeing as our army journey could be coming to an end soon(ish), our army life is winding down. Which is ok! But I miss blogging and I wanted to have some accountability... for running. Being 5 foot nothing, you can imagine how NOT built for speed I am. I HATE running. But I LOVE how I feel afterwards. I LOVE the way it makes my body look and really that is enough for me to keep doing it. But of course when you hate doing something EVEN when you KNOW that afterwards you will feel amazing, it is sometimes challenging to get yourself out the door. So this change of focus is to help me stick with it!! I am also going to bring you the:
 
The Spring Sports Challenge!!!
 
This is for me but if you want to participate, you are more than welcome!!
 
You can run/walk/bike/swim...any exercise that gets you mileage. From March until June! And here are categories (keep in mind these are my goals. You can change them to fit your needs.)
 
GOLD MEDAL: 180 miles
SILVER MEDAL: 150 miles
BRONZE MEDAL: 120 miles
BLUE RIBBON: 100 miles
 
I am shooting for gold. My goal is three 5k's a week... yikes! You have no idea how this is going to push me!! But because I have posted for the world to see I am holding myself accountable. Here we go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment