Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Education is scary:

I will be enrolling my son in kindergarten here soon! So like any great parent I have been doing as much research as I can. 

Things I discovered:

1) They do all day kindergarten here!


WHAT? I had prepared myself for half day. I had accepted it! Come to terms with it!
But now I have to get over three more hours!

2) They start in AUGUST!


Ok I know this really shouldn't surprise me. It's not unheard of. But growing up for me, August was still prime summer time! And now I have less time than I thought to come to terms with number one!


And then there is me...

I have been seriously thinking about going to school for a while now. I have finally decided on what I want to major in. Child Development. My husband looked at online courses a couple nights ago and sent them my email address. I spoke with a councilor and its looking like it could actually happen...


There's still a lot that has to come together to make this possible but there is a chance it might!
Which has me both so excited and incredible nervous all at once. Being a mother is so much more than what I do. I'm passionate about it. When the councilor asked if I was currently working in child care I laughed and told him I was a stay at home mom. He said, "That most definitely qualifies!" 

I thought my putting off school to have my family was something I was going to get some negative vibes about (goodness knows I have already!) but they were so supportive and didn't treat me like I had made a dumb mistake. My family comes first. But now it just may be my turn and I am so excited. If it doesn't work out like we hope it will, at least I know what I want to do and will just be working towards making it a reality!

If you need me, I will be working on stress reduction, doing yoga, meditating and trying desperately to keep it together!

No comments:

Post a Comment