Sunday, September 22, 2013

Kayli Moments: Bee edition


You know those times where you watch a movie you saw as a kid and haven't seen in years and you are surprised at all the innuendo and language stuff you didn't catch before?

This is the opposite of that...

Yesterday at our Primary practice, some teachers were entertaining the mass of squirmy children to the tune of "I'm bringing home a baby bumblebee."

I didn't like that song as a kid...

Something about mashing up babies didn't sit well with me.
Why were we teaching kids to lick up the squashed infant?? Are we really teaching children that cannibalism is ok?


Yesterday it clicked...

It's not:

"I'm squishing up the baby, bumblebee!" (As if telling a bumblebee about your killing spree.)

it's:

"I'm squishing up the baby bumblebee!" (As in I just killed a bug.)

My whole life I thought this song was a story of  a kid telling a bee about how he squashed and ate a baby he had found...

I feel so much better about my childhood teachers who taught me this song!





No comments:

Post a Comment