Monday, April 15, 2013

From frugal to most expensive homemade laundry detergent in one night:

So ever since Pinterest came into my life (Oh blessed day!) my husband has done a great job of smiling and nodding while I shove my computer in his face and scroll down the list of pins he hasn't seen yet. He also is so great at indulging my cravings to try a new pin out! Be it a new healthy recipe or something I want made for the kids. He is my go to guy! 

Yesterday we decided it was time to try making Laundry Sauce!

I have been using a dry homemade laundry detergent for the past two years. It works great! I really have no issues with it, but worry that maybe the Fels-Naptha wasn't dissolving in my cold water loads. 

We had purchased all the ingredients to do the dry stuff again but then decided to switch it up and try THE SAUCE!

$1.76 for 128 loads ain't bad! 

So we followed the instructions. Very simple and easy! Plus Mr. did most of it... (Side note: Mr. would be a way better stay at home parent than me. We both know this. He cooks, can clean our entire apartment in one hour with a baby strapped to him, he builds stuff, he is crafty, he has a natural instinct on parenting tactics that I have yet to develop, he can sew... ok I'm going to stop now before I feel like a failure.) 

We waited the four hours to let the jars set and began to blend! The first two jars went off without a hitch. Then on the next one, I am depressed to say, our blender of almost seven years died. The motor is kaput. 

Now because of the wait time, it was already midnight (Monday and not Sunday)! So Mr. ran out and bought a new blender, because if you don't blend it at the right time, it won't turn out as good. The next jar on the new blender went good but the one after that...BROKE IT! Somehow the seal on the blade part of the blender got sucked up and broken in two. We are taking it back for sure! Ridiculous.We managed to get the final jars mixed, albeit not very well. Needless to say we were spent both financially and emotionally... One day I will be able to afford the super nice industrial blenders and get super skinny off all the smoothies I will make. But until then, I am stuck with stupid blenders and chocolate to sooth my aching heart :)

As for the sauce I just put it in a load and will write a review at some point when I feel like I've given it a fair shot! 

Have a great day everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment