Monday, April 1, 2013

The Power of Motherhood:

Hey fellow mothers! Do you ever have "days"?

Days where the house can't seem to get clean. The laundry doesn't seem to get done no matter how many shirts you fold. The dishes are piling up and the garbage needs to go out. The bills need to be paid, the children need to be fed. Diapers need changing...and changing...and changing... 

Today was one of those days for me!

But you know what I did? I put aside all the chores and my expectations for a super clean house, I surrendered because it wasn't happening today. Instead I played with my children. Their laughter filled my heart with love. Their joy radiated into my soul. I forgot how much fun it was to play with them. 

Now the day is over, and the house is still a mess, but today I accomplished much. Today was a good day :)

"When the real history of mankind is fully disclosed, will it feature the echoes of gunfire or the shaping sound of lullabies? The great armistices made by military men or the peacemaking of women in homes and in neighborhoods? Will what happened in cradles and kitchens prove to be more controlling than what happened in congresses? When the surf of the centuries has made the great pyramids so much sand, the everlasting family will still be standing, because it is a celestial institution, formed outside telestial time. The women of God know this."


No comments:

Post a Comment