Tuesday, August 19, 2014

"Mommy, do you want me to grow up?"

As I put my son to bed on Sunday, he asked me, "Mommy, do you want me to grow up?"
The response that instantly came into my mind was a resounding, HECK NO!!

This week is a big week for him! He started Kindergarten and is turning 6. 

I paused and thought it over and then said, " I want you to grow up. I want you learn and laugh and love. I want you to be able to have a family one day and feel the things I feel. I want you to know what it feels like to make mistakes. I want you to know what it feels like to overcome them. I want you to watch your children grow. I want you to know the love that can come from being married for all eternity. I want you to spend the many years of your life getting to know your Savior. I want you to be able to share what you know with others. I want you to grow up because the world NEEDS boys like you. Boys who are kind, that stand up for others, that are courageous and strong. While I would love to keep you forever little, more than that I want you to do more, feel more and enjoy life in a way you can't now. It will happen before I know it. I'm not ready for that day. But I know I am doing everything I can to make sure you are ready. And that's the most important thing a mother can do."







No comments:

Post a Comment