Friday, November 1, 2013

Rabbits: Have a holly jolly...wait what?

Guys I can not believe its here! Christmas carols, the smell of our tree is filling the apartment, the halls are decked with bows of holly...

OH WAIT!!

There is still one amazing holiday to celebrate before we get to all that!


Call me a Scrooge all you want but personally I choose to put off the holly jollies till the day after Black Thursday *Cough* I mean Thanksgiving! 



Wait...you haven't heard of Thanksgiving?? It's this holiday between Halloween and Christmas where we celebrate the Native Americans giving turkey to the pilgrims! But it is also a day where we stop and really count our blessings. Yes, should everyday be Thanksgiving? Of course, but then we'd all be sleepy and fat from eating all that cranberry smothered turkey and pie! Such gluttony is best left to one day a year.  

 I have nothing against Christmas. In fact I am such a die hard Christmas-put-offer because I love it so much! The anticipation of the holiday makes for an awesome day after Thanksgiving!

So while the stores will start playing Christmas carols and the early bird shopping has begun, I will not be participating! 

To kick off this Thankful Season I am sharing this with you in hopes it takes over your brain and reminds you that is not Christmas yet :)

            

(Disclaimer: Anyone can celebrate however they want too! This is just ONE opinion and this is just how I celebrate. To each their own!)

2 comments:

  1. I love Thanksgiving, but it has no decent music and putting off shopping until December only adds stress to my life. I start shopping as soon as I see something I know would be perfect, it could be December 26th for all I care. I like to be done or near done with my shopping when December starts so I can actually enjoy my time,

    I actually start singing my own version or "Most wonderful time of the year" on October 1st, because I LOVE these 3 months. I would celebrate them all together, switching between holidays on a whim, if not for the fact that Dan would kill me.

    I guess my point it, some of us can enjoy both at the same time. And while stores get on it WAY TOO early, I don't like people (not you, honey, you're nice) bashing me for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right that Thanksgiving lacks in the music department. And if you want to enjoy both at the same time, that is totally cool. I really don't expect everyone to do things the way I do. I understand it is my opinion but that does not mean it is the ONLY opinion. And it doesn't make it right for everyone. Celebrate away Haley! How, where or what you may!

    ReplyDelete