Monday, May 26, 2014

ColoRADo Adventures: Helen Hunt Falls Hike







We had planned on hiking William's Canyon today (my son thinks its pretty cool to have a canyon!) but when we went to go sign the waiver at Cave of the Winds we were informed that it is closed and has been for two years! (Thanks a lot internet!) So we quickly located another hike and I am glad it worked out in the end! It was steep and had I gone before taking the boys I may not have thought it was something they could handle but they were troopers and had fun...despite Caden getting a pretty nasty scratch on his leg. It had been gorgeous on our trek to the top when we suddenly some thunder cracked overhead.  I'm all like:



"It changes so suddenly. One moment it's paradise, the next it's trying to kill you."

So we booked it down the mountain Snowy River style:


Or something like that :)


Just in time too!

No comments:

Post a Comment